CISM Team Director
Charlotte is the owner and clinical director of SafeHaven Trauma Centre Ltd and SafeHaven Critical Incident Stress Management Ltd. Charlotte is an integrative psychotherapist and advanced craniosacral therapist who has specialised in mind-body health and trauma recovery over the last 15 years.
Passionate about mental health and preventative and responsive measures for psychological trauma, Charlotte established, and acts as team coordinator, for the UK’s first internationally accredited Critical Incident Stress Management Service, here at SafeHaven. Providing psychological risk management, organisational training and response teams when trauma occurs in the workplace. Charlotte has provided support across a wide range of incidents; from single incident support, where there has been loss of life, serious injury, assault etc., through to more complex incidents such as the recent 2017 Manchester Bombing.
Charlotte sits on the board of the National Register of Hypnotherapists & Psychotherapists. She has also acted as lead psychotherapist for the Haematology Department at Central Manchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Charlotte is involved in on-going research into the effects of psychotherapeutic support for haemato-oncological patients. In 2015 her initial research in this area was the first submission from the Trust’s Haematology department to receive a prize at the British Society for Haematology medical conference.
Charlotte’s extensive background from her earlier career as a Chartered Electrical Engineer in the construction sector, means she provides a unique combination of skills and experience when advising organisations on psychological risk, SOP’s, mental health, critical incident management and employee welfare.
Having recently completed her Master’s degree in Therapeutic Practice for Psychological Trauma at the University of Chester; her research, through SafeHaven Trauma Centre, explored Emo-Somatic Therapy (psychotherapy with craniosacral therapy) being used as an effective new method for PTSD treatment, for which she gained a distinction. Currently Charlotte is beginning her Counselling Doctorate through the British Psychological Society QCoP route.
- Counselling Doctorate (current study)
- MSc Therapeutic Practice for Psychological Trauma
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy, Centre Training International
- Graduate degree in Psychology, University of Bolton
- Gastro-intestinal Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy, Rossendale Hospital
- NLP Practitioner, Paul McKenna & Richard Bandler
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing, EMDR International Association
- Trauma Focused CBT, University of Chester
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM): Group Crisis Intervention, International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF).
- Upledger Craniosacral Therapy: CST1, CST2, SER1, SER2, ADV
- Clinical Application of Advanced Craniosacral Therapy for Trauma & PTSD: CAAD
- Craniosacral Therapy for the Immune System: CSTIR
- Craniosacral Therapy for the Brain (The Brain Speaks), TBS1
- Bio-aquatic Craniosacral Therapy, basic & advanced: BAEC, BADA
- CST Alliance: Craniosacral Therapy Around Death & Dying