What we help with - SafeHaven
We help referrers
- Obtain a diagnosis or a second opinion for their client
- Obtain an expert witness report, suitable for court hearings, assessing symptoms and level of impact on an individual’s life
- Have their clients assessed for appropriate treatments for their condition
- Arrange and implement treatment (care plans), through our treatment centre
Benefits of our referral service
- Full suite of services: from diagnosis to reporting, through to treatment and after-care, a client can attend for one or several services. Providing reliability and consistency of service for increased familiarity and safety – supporting traumatised clients.
- Continuity of care: we provide one point of contact for both the referrer and the end-client, enabling a relationship to be built and ensuring swift and easy communication throughout your time with us.
What types of incidents are typical for referral?
Personal incidents can include:
- Road traffic accidents. For example with a car, bike, lorry or as a pedestrian
- Train accidents. These can be for the driver or a passenger
- Flying or boating accidents
- Work related accidents
- Medical accidents
- Abuse. This can be emotional, physical or sexual.
- Natural disaster accidents
- Refugee and asylum seeker Mental Health Issues
- Military trauma
- Kidnapping and hostage taking. This can be with or without torture during captivity.
Workplace related incidents can include:
- Work place stress (bullying, harassment, relationship conflict and workload-related)
- Work place trauma (critical incidents such as accidents, assault, death, disasters or terrorism)
- Health Issues (physical and psychological) including anxiety, depression, drug misuse and chronic pain